Welcome to Islamic Society of Germantown website!
We will need several volunteers to assist with parking for the different Eid salats that are planned. Currently, there are 3 salats (7:30, 8:30, and 9:30). We are requesting volunteers for each slot, and you can sign up here if you’re available.
ISG will be handling Qurbani for Eid al-Adha. The cost for a goat or a lamb is $275. Please fill out this form if you are interested.
Tomorrow (August 12th, Sunday) will be the first day of Dhul Hijjah. Therefore, EID will be on August 21st, Tuesday. We will have three salahs, 7:30 AM, 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM. Please note that according to the sunnah, those who plan to sacrifice should refrain from cutting their hair or nails until the sacrifice is performed.
As narrated in the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with
him): “There are no days on which righteous deeds are more beloved to
Allaah then these ten days – i.e., ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah).” They said:
“O Messenger of Allaah, not even jihad for the sake of Allaah?” He
said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allaah, unless a man goes out
himself with his wealth and does not come back with anything (i.e., he
expends all his wealth and is martyred).” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 969.
One of the deeds one can perform in these blessed days is fasting. It was narrated from Abu Qataadah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about fasting on the day of ‘Arafah and he said: “It expiates for the past and coming years.” Narrated by Muslim (1162). According to another report: “I ask Allaah that it may expiate for (the sins of) the year that comes before it and the year that comes after it.” Therefore, those who are able should try to fast the day of Arafah, which falls on Monday, August 20th
ISG Weekend School registration is open for all new and existing students.
- Registration is available online only.
- Student should be 5 years and above to be registered.
- Space is limited; register early, once the space is full in a level the registration system will automatically stop registering for that particular level.No exceptions will be made to admit student(s) once the class is full. Students names can be on a waiting list once levels are full.
- Registration is not considered complete unless the payment is accompanied with the registration
The online registration consists of two step:
First step: Complete and submit the registration form online by going on the link provided below:
Note: If registering multiple children then parents need to complete separate registration form per child. Make the payment after completing the registration form for all the children.
Second step: Make the payment by credit card or e-check on a secure link provided below. Please select “ ISG Weekend School Registration Fee” in the category section.
Pay Registration Fee as follows:
- One child – $230.00
- Two children – $414.00 (After 10% off for two children)
- Three children – $586.00 (After 15% off for three children)
- Four children – $736.00 (After 20% off for four children)
Send email at Naheedk2015@gmail.com or text at 301-922-3389 for any questions.