Board of Trustees
- Chairman: Br. Magdi Hassanien
- Vice-Chairman: Br. Irshad Khan
- Secretary: Br. Mohamed Ibrahim
- Imam/Office Manager/Treasurer: Br. Ammar Najjar
- Member: Br. Hassane Cisse
The Islamic Society of Germantown is a non-profit, independent organization that culminated from years of dedication from a group of fellow Muslims who started working on the idea in 1998.
Alhamdulillah, the ground breaking of the ISG masjid was started on July 10th, 2013. It is noteworthy that there are no other Islamic Centers or Mosques within a 10-mile radius. With over 400 Muslim families living in the close vicinity, having a place to pray, worship, learn more about Islam, and carry out necessary religious and cultural ceremonies (Marriage, Aqiqa, prayer for the deceased, collecting and distributing Zakat to those in distress, offering counsel and support for those in need, etc), became an absolute necessity.
The Islamic Center has been built with many goals in mind. Some of these objectives are:
1. Fostering a rich Islamic environment for the Muslim community in the area surrounding the center.
2. Providing religious, educational, and recreational activities for members of the community and their families.
3. Provide the public at every opportunity with a better understanding of Islam and ensure that we project a positive image as good citizens and as good Muslims.
The center will be governed by a committee that will manage its operations from all aspects.
With the Grace of Allah, the ground breaking of the Masjid occurred in November 8th, 2014. Generous brothers and sisters helped us by taking part in the Qardh Hasanah program, and we, alhumdulillah, haven given them their money back in the promised time.
Remember that this house of worship is your house and a place where you can reap rewards and score credits with Allah. It will offer all of us the convenience of being able to pray “Jama’ah” in a location minutes away from our homes.
We are extremely thankful to God and satisfied with the progress we made over so many years to finally start the ISG Masjid.
What can you do to help?
Donations can be made:
The most convinient way for us to collect money is through direct deposit. You can enroll in this program by downloading this form, and mail it to: P. O. Box 1870, Germantown, MD. 20875 or give it to our Imam, Ammar Najjar in person during the Jummah or office hours at the masjid. The direct deposit program is completely secured and safe and you have the option to cancel it at any time.
Other ways to donate:
1. Online using Paypal : Paypal donation link is found in the top right corner of the page
2. By mail if you prefer to pay by check:
Please make check payable to:
Islamic Society of Germantown
19825 Blunt Road
Germantown, MD 20876
3. Onsite if you wish you donate cash, a check or use a credit card
We look forward to working with you to complete the construction as soon as possible and enjoying a wonderful worshiping experience at a Mosque we aspire to make a model Islamic Center inshallah.
Jazaak Allahu Khair,